Wednesday 21 March 2007

Day 1 - 14st 2lb


Last night I attended my first LL class. The LL counsellor asked why I came to LL and what I wanted to achieve. Now, I could waffle on for ages about how unhappy my weight makes me, how unhappy I am at the fact that I can't stick to a diet for toffee and how much happier I'd be if I could slip into a size 12 frock instead of size 18 black trousers! Anyway, I gave her a rough overview of that and I guess it's pretty much the same as everyone else's reasons.


This morning I had a pint of water (must remember to tick it off in my book) and a raspberry food pack. Not the tastiest thing on the planet, but I think I can cope with it. I was dreading the food packs tasting gross but my first one was ok. I think the think I'll find hardest is not physically chewing food for the first week (no bars on week 1) - that will be weird. I might end up swapping a few of my savoury food packs for the raspberry one as I only ordered 5 - that was a bit daft because I can't imagine having a soup for my first meal of the day. Ah well - I'll get the hang of it all soon!


Wish me luck :-)


Here is a pic of me on hol in Feb 2007 - I hope to post smaller me pics during my time blogging!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Thanks for your post - it's really nice to hear that you've had a positive effect. Good luck on the programme although I'm sure you won;t need it (much!).

You look lovely and not nearly as "fat" as you're name suggests which means that you'll probably get it all sorted in no time - think how good summer will be as a skinny minny?!

Keep us all posted on how you're doing - there is a great little dieting community going on round here and it really keeps your nose to the grindstone.

Re the peeing, that drops off after a few days and you get back to a more normal situation! Otherwise we'd never get anything done!

Well done for taking that all important first step - it's a great feeling isn't it?

Karen said...

thanks Lesley - it's a FAB feeling! I just can't wait to be thinner and happier and healthier. I just wish I'd discovered LL sooner!