Thursday 29 March 2007

Day 9

Today is a good day. My two year old daughter made me an easter basket at nursery, filled with chocolate eggs. What did I do with them? I gave her a couple and threw the rest in the bin. Feeling very saintly right now :-)

I'm going to go to the pop in session on saturday because I NEED to swap my nut (using the term loosely, there) bar for something else. I've had two toffee ones and although there are too sweet, they're something almost edible which I can CHEW! I wonder if the bars slow down the weight loss because they contain more carbs? I guess I'll find out when I get on the scale.

My mum is finding the CD very hard and she's just on day two. She feels hungry so I gave her the 'think of it as a hill you have to climb' spiel and she said she'd try. She keeps looking in the mirror to drum it into herself why she's doing the diet.

I heard from my american friend today. I lived in Atlanta for 10 months and became very good friends with Angela. We were like sisters from the word go and people often thought we were as we're the same height, weight, hair colour etc. Now she tells me she's lost 30lbs through diet and exercise! I haven't told her I'm doing LL so hopefully one day soon I can tell her the same thing - nothing like a bit of healthy competition!

Hope you're all having a good day and drinking plenty!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Throwing away chocolate! It's almost a sin!! I would have taken it to work and then smiled bravely while other people tucked in - after all: the fatter they get, the thinner I look!! Only joking - I'm not that mean really!

D has promised that he will not have an Easter Egg this year but as he's not a chocolate fan that's not such a big concession - still, every little helps!

Yep - competition is very healthy in my opinion, as long as it's supportive etc etc which I'm sure it would be with between you and your sister from another mother.. Me and a woman in my class are level pegging althoug hshe pulled 3lbs ahead last week with a massive 8lb loss at week 10! There's a tiny little needle between us which keeps us on our toes but we're both genuinely happy for the other when we do well.

Keep up the good work and, yes, I'm drinking like a camel today - will have to stop now as it's my weigh in later!

Lesley x

Lesley said...

Thanks for your good wishes - I lost 6lbs so I'm halfway to target!

Have a great weekend.

Lesley x