Saturday 24 March 2007

Day 4

I went for my pop-in session today - I thought I'd be able to get some bars but my counsellor said no...not until my Tuesday session. I did, however, swap some of my thai chilli food packs because they are my least favourite. Anyway, the counsellor asked if I wanted to get weighed...I was in two minds whether to do so because I don't FEEL like I've lost weight. I put my own scales out of my mind as soon as I started this diet because I become obsessed with them any time I start a diet. So..I got weighed. And since my diet started on Weds, I've lost 5.5lbs! I was really happy with that.

One lady was there for her saturday meeting and she said to me - don't give up, this weight loss programme is amazing. I asked how much she had lost and in eight weeks she's lost 3.5 stones. Unreal!

After the high of this morning, the day got worse. I'm really craving food. It was made worse by the fact that we went to Costco and there were loads of croissants, cakes etc - carb heaven really. Of course I didn't have anything but I was STARVING and it was 14.30 until we got home. I hadn't had a food pack or water (I know, v naughty) since before 10am this morning. I forgot to take a bottle of water with me - that won't happen again, for sure! Then when we got in Dean cooked burgers for him and the kids - I was desperate for a bite but I didn't - he wouldn't let me anyway. I hope I get over the craving for real food soon because I just feel like stuffing my face right now!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Karen
I lost 7lbs, not bad in 6 days as I never started until Sunday, I am dead chuffed, well done you too, you could be up there with the 10lbs ers :-)
According to the stick I was not in ketosis and was told to drink more water Aargh I drink on average 5L as it is - and I am TOTM soooooooooo

Ameythist x

Unknown said...

Hi Karen

suprisingly enough I am quite upbeat, normally I suffer dreadfully with PMT but not this week, I didnt even realise I was due and bang there it was, I believe this is another side effect. Maybe it is your TOTM rather than the diet huh? coz we know the long run is gonna be brill :-)

. said...

Well done on resisting those burgers - you'll soon stop craving what people are having and it gets so much easier after that.

Hang on in there.

And that's an excellent weight loss - 5.5lb is brilliant - well done!

Cath

Lesley said...

Well done on the weight loss - the other woamn was right - that's about what I had lost after 8 weeks and now I've dropped over 4 stone in 10 weeks. It really is a very consistent diet so if you stick to it you will lose a good amount!

You don't have as much to lose as I had so it might be a tiny bit slower but the women in my group who were around your size still lose an average of 3 lbs a week which is a stone every 4 or 5 weeks!

I still have the odd craving when food is actually in front of me but seldom and they're not very strong. Also, as time has gone on, I know how to cope with them so they don't bother me as much. It will get better and once you start seeing the results you won't mind the odd craving!!

Well done and keep it up!!

Lesley x

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work! The diet cannot fail to work if you stick to it - 500 cals a day! Like you taking time to adjust (but I love the thai chilli!) but focussing on the end goal when it feels tough! Look forward to sharing the journey with you!