Wednesday 28 March 2007

Day 8

Feeling a bit fed up today after last night's high - not sure why. Have been surfing the net looking at clothes I will be able to wear this summer - it's SO hard not to buy anything, though. I keep thinking (stupidly) that all the nice stuff will be gone by the time I've lost the weight. Yes, yes, I know that shops restock every week - maybe LL is making me think irrational thoughts!

I have nothing at all planned for the weekend and we are a bit skint at the moment so not sure what we can do - any suggestions ladies? We just have my daughter (2) with us this weekend - Ella is at her mums, so what can we do that's fun, interesting and cheap with a 2 year old that won't bore the grown ups? Can't believe I'm planning the weekend so early - must be to take my mind off food. For some reason, I feel hungry today. It's probably because I only had 3 packs yesterday due to sawdustgate - I really can't imagine that anything would make that thing taste nicer, not even if it was dipped in thick chocolate!!

I had a choc shake for breakfast this morning - was yummy in the blender with ice. I'll try that as a hot choc tonight, I think.

I've been getting a funny taste in my mouth - kind of metallic/blood taste - is that the bad breath that we've been warned about? I haven't asked Dean to smell my breath these last couple of days but I can definitely taste the difference in my mouth. I've got some Retardex breath spray from Boots to try and combat it.

I'm just babbling - hope you all have a great day!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Yeah - I had the metalic taste a lot and have been told that is ketosis. It seems to have died down in the alst few weeks so maybe you get used to it or maybe your body sorts itself out. I wouldn't worry about it as it's a good motivator to drink more water!

This weekend - why not go for a walk?? Exercise always good and cheap.

I'm obsessed with walks though so you'd expect me to say that!

Have fun whatever you choose.

lesley x

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Well done on 8Ibs lost!!

Makes it all worth while.

Keep glugging the water, the taste starts to go away then.

Have you got a park, or any free museums/visitors centres near you? Could pad the day out with a pack up?

You are into the second week,and already have days behind you, it will soon wizz by

Take Care

Sam